Monday, June 30, 2008

I miss my sister

Okay, she only lives 10 minutes away, but she has RSD which puts her down for up to a month at a time. Thats why I treasure my times with her so much. (I miss my other sis too! But I get to talk with her everyday so don't feel left out Aim!!)

As I noted in a previous post, we all went to the beach after my daughter's graduation and had such a great time. Unfortunately, that seemed to aggrivate her disease and she has been out of commission since then.

Sometimes, I think I should just pack it in, and move in with her, or move closer. I know she has a great hubby and wonderful daughter, but I worry like a mother hen about her. I'd probably drive her insane anyway!!

Its very hard watching someone that you played with since you were born unable to get out of bed.

As kids, we'd take our "Barbie Beach Bus" to the creek behind our childhood home and pretend our Barbies were at the beach for hours on end. We'd build dams to swim in, catch frogs to scare our mom and as we got older, I convinced her to "sneak out" at night with me and the other neighborhood kids. This was insurance that she wouldn't "tell" on me! She never told either. Even when she was "clothes lined" she lied to my parents and said she fell out of bed!

We did everything together. As we got older, we went to night clubs together, lived together, and just had fun. She introduced me to my ex husband.

We drifted apart after her first marriage ended and her second began. There were issues between both of my sisters and my parents (they were "shacking up") and I stood by my parents (not in their belief's, just because they had no one else but me). My parents have since changed their views about "shacking up" since they found out being so staunch in their beliefs cost them much time with their children and grandchildren.

When my divorce began, I went to my sister first. Despite any issues we had, she came, within minutes. She was there with me the entire time. Those first few months of sending my kids off with their dad, I'd go stay with her because I couldn't stand being in the empty house alone.

I went through a horribly mixed up time after my divorce. She never judged me and still jokes about it. I thank god that she and my other sister were the only people who knew what a mess I was during that time!

I love you!!

1 comment:

The Mom said...

You've been tagged!

Come to http://korndogs.blogspot.com/ to see!